Enhance airport operations with passenger flow and crowd management solutions! Discover how to drive profits and passenger satisfaction in this simple guide!
Airports Council International (ACI) Europe released a report that addressed the benefits of airport passenger flow and crowd management. The report discussed:
- The benefits of these comprehensive airport solutions
- What to consider when choosing the right solution for your airport
- How to implement passenger flow and crowd management
The pandemic changed airline protocols. Health and safety rules will stick around as well as the need to manage queues and crowds. ACI’s report discusses the new priorities airport managing bodies now face. They include:
- Ensuring passengers have enough space – Airports must limit crowds and optimize floor space.
- Reducing time spent at the premises – Airports must provide efficient and fast passenger processing. Also, offer attractive but safe entertainment and retail services during dwell time.
- Saving the business – Airports must determine how to maximize revenues through high-value services while adhering to protocols.
ACI states that in order to meet these challenges, airports must understand passenger behavior. We couldn’t agree more. We are experts at understanding customer behavior.
How Skyfii Transforms Data to Actionable Opportunities
Skyfii leverages data from various sources so airports can get granular, real-time information about movement, occupancy, and dwell time throughout all areas.
We help airports get a complete view of the passenger from the moment they park until they board their flight. This knowledge allows airports to:
- Optimize staffing at check-in and security.
- Take action to reduce crowds and long queues.
- Communicate with passengers.
- Improve passenger experiences.
Automating these processes is key to managing queues and crowds.
Benefits of a Passenger Flow and Crowd Management Solution
ACI’s report explored the benefits of an automated passenger flow and crowd management solution. An impactful solution captures data and processes it in real-time. It also analyzes historical data and turns those trends into meaningful actions.
According to ACI, here are the benefits a passenger flow and crowd management solution provides:
Real-Time Passenger Monitoring
- Identify high-density touchpoints. Then, trigger alerts when a crowd density limit is reached, which enables operators to spread the crowd.
- Real-time passenger flow monitoring triggers sanitization actions.
- Share real-time information with passengers, giving them control over their stay in the airport.
Historical Monitoring Data Analysis to Forecast Passenger Flows
- Long-term resource planning.
- Adapt sanitary planning to predicted passenger arrival patterns.
- Measure and quantify crowds in areas prone to high passenger density. Also, allocate resources to prevent crowding.
- Identify specific passenger categories that cause critical crowds
We provide these benefits to our airport customers by ingesting various data inputs into our AI-driven platform and combining them with our expert analysis.
This data enables them to act decisively to increase efficiency and profitability while improving the passengers’ experience.
Over time, this data builds. Use it to provide reliable evidence for planning, maintenance management, and investment decisions.
Airport Passenger Flow and Crowd Management Solution
ACI outlines how airport passenger flow and crowd management solution is an investment in time and resources. However, it will deliver business value.
Choosing an integrated infrastructure technology-agnostic platform is essential when considering what solution to implement at your airport.
It will serve as the core of your total airport management solution. This solution is what ACI calls a “business process-centric solution.” By default, it can ingest any sensor type or existing data to work airport-wide.
These solutions help answer a range of business and operational questions.
Choosing a solution that focuses on solving your immediate key challenges (queue and crowd monitoring) may be appealing. However, a complete airport management solution will help you answer future complex questions.
For example, a complete solution considers health and safety. It also helps you solve other airport management challenges, like increasing retail spend or providing an optimal mix of retailers for each of your terminals.
We would love to help you in this process. Discover how Skyfii’s AI-driven integrated platform can solve your business, operational, and customer experience challenges.