Improving the Passenger Experience
Customer Success Story
AIRPORT | NEW ZEALAND
An international airport wanted to improve their efficiency by measuring passenger throughput performance from gate to curb. Skyfii was engaged to merge Wi-Fi location & flight arrivals data to design new KPIs for ongoing operational reporting.
- Skyfii’s Guest WiFi was deployed to collect behavioral data on how passengers moved through the airport
- Flight data was correlated with WiFi data to understand how different airlines, flights, and gates affected passenger throughput
- Skyfii’s IO Insight was deployed to help visualize and report on passenger flow, and dwell times in key zones like duty free, baggage, and immigration
- Correlating flight arrival times with WiFi data showed how the number of arriving passengers affects engagement and conversions in the duty free zone
- The airport can now monitor how long it takes passengers to move through key areas, and then segment that data by airline, flight, and gate
- The ability to visualize the entire passenger journey has enabled the airport to identify bottlenecks and underutilized areas, and then measure the outcome of improvements
Skyfii’s IO Insight is an analytics and reporting tool for measuring the customer experience across the physical and digital world.
This project was supported by an Aruba wireless infrastructure of over 60 access points, leveraging Aruba Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).