Measuring Student Attendance with WiFi Intelligence
Customer Success Story
UNIVERSITY | AUSTRALIA
A leading Australian university sought a solution that would improve the measurement of student attendance for government auditing, applicable in large lecture theatres where biometric scanning was not feasible.
- Skyfii centralised data from student timetables, student WiFi registration records and WiFi behaviours through mobile device tracking.
- These datasets were correlated to observe which students were present for classes they were scheduled to attend.
- The reporting was validated through empirical testing, and automated for delivery through a custom dashboard in IO Labs.
- Automated attendance tracking, highlighting students with failed attendance.
- Subject level trend reporting, showing how different subjects perform for attendance over time.
- Predictive modeling to help identify behaviors associated with poor attendance, helping university teams intervene to prevent dropouts.
IO Connect consolidates location-based, web-based, and other data sources into a single system of record that can synchronize with multiple external platforms.
An enterprise-grade Ruckus wireless network with Smart Positioning Technology (SPoT) supported the collection of WiFi analytics data.