Unlock insights and elevate your retail strategy! Explore our Retail Analytics Buyer Guide for questions to ask mobile providers. Free download!
Collecting data from smartphones to measure customer traffic and deliver world-class retail analytics may seem complicated. There are many ways to collect, manage, and report data. Each also has pros and cons.
Without needing extensive technical knowledge, this guide will help you compare the different solutions.
We cut through the tech jargon and make it easy to understand the most important differences between solution providers.
These questions are simple and should be easily answered by any provider of smartphone-based analytics. I’d recommend you email them to your supplier, or potential supplier, to see how they stack up. You can click the picture of the Buyer’s Guide below to see how Blix answers these questions.
7 Questions to Ask Every Provider of Smartphone-Based Analytics
Get ahead with retail analytics. Before you commit, here are crucial questions to ask mobile providers and make informed decisions!
- What technology are you using to detect and track smartphones? (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, Cellular, 3G, 4G, GPS, etc.)
- If using WiFi, how are you dealing with MAC randomisation?
- Is the positioning of sensors important to data integrity?
- Is it possible to calibrate a sensor to only measure a particular space or direction?
- What are the technical specifications of the hardware? (e.g. make, model & components)
- What are the antenna specifications used to collect data (range/power)? And is it directional?
- What monitoring and notifications do you provide when a sensor goes offline? And what data is lost?
Free Retail Analytics Buyer Guide
Download our Retail Analytics Buyer Guide to discover more detailed insights.