Customer Success Story
Covington’s historic downtown district has lost a lot of small businesses in recent years. Renaissance Covington is working hard to change that, and turned to Skyfii to enable data-driven insights they could use to help their local businesses and government thrive.
- WiFi access points were installed on building exteriors throughout downtown to capture anonymous behavioral data.
- SmartZones were defined in Skyfii’s IO platform to measure how visitors interacted with different areas downtown.
- IO Insight was deployed to visualize the flow of visitor traffic through downtown, and report on metrics like peak traffic times, and visitor frequency.
- Renaissance Covington was able to recommend optimal business hours and open times to local retailers based on actual traffic patterns throughout downtown.
- It was discovered that thousands of visitors staying in hotels near the convention center were not engaging with the local retailers a few blocks away, highlighting the opportunity in better reaching those visitors.
- Local government is leveraging data to acquire Federal and State funding opportunities for revitalization efforts, and justify their ROI.