Customer Success Story
An international airport wanted to improve their efficiency by measuring passenger throughput performance from gate to curb. Skyfii was engaged to merge Wi-Fi location & flight arrivals data to design new KPIs for ongoing operational reporting.
- Skyfii’s Guest WiFi was deployed to collect behavioral data on how passengers moved through the airport
- Flight data was correlated with WiFi data to understand how different airlines, flights, and gates affected passenger throughput
- Skyfii’s IO Insight was deployed to help visualize and report on passenger flow, and dwell times in key zones like duty free, baggage, and immigration
- Correlating flight arrival times with WiFi data showed how the number of arriving passengers affects engagement and conversions in the duty free zone
- The airport can now monitor how long it takes passengers to move through key areas, and then segment that data by airline, flight, and gate
- The ability to visualize the entire passenger journey has enabled the airport to identify bottlenecks and underutilized areas, and then measure the outcome of improvements